Wednesday, July 14, 2010

George Steinbrenner

Hi and welcome to Wednesday Wickedness. We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!

Today we picked George Steinbrenner (who passed away Tuesday morning at age 80). Here's Wednesday Wickedness!

1. "But why shouldn't I speak out? Don't you speak out in this country?" Do you speak out as often as you should?

2. "I am tough. Sometimes I'm unreasonable. I have to catch myself every once in a while." Are you ever tough and unreasonable?

3. "I haven't always done a good job, and I haven't always been successful - but I know that I have tried." Do you believe that sometimes you learn more from a failure than a success?

4. "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next." Do you feel that you always have to win?

5. "It is unbelievable to me that the highest-paid team in baseball would start the season in such a deep funk.” Do you think money always buys greatness?

6. "I take my last phone call at home at about 11pm." What time is too late to call you?

7. "Don't talk to me about aesthetics or tradition. Talk to me about what sells and what's good right now." Do you think tradition matters?

8. "And what the American people like is to think the underdog still has a chance." Do you tend to root for the underdog?

9. "I don't think I ever could exceed my father's successes. He was a completely satisfied man, he knew what he wanted to accomplish and he accomplished it. I did do a lot, though, to try to please him." Do you ever feel that you want to exceed your parents successes?

10. "I'm really 95 percent Mr. Rogers, and only 5 percent Oscar the Grouch." In terms of cartoon characters, who are you like?

Thanks for checking out our Wednesday craziness. We hope you join us again. Please visit our other player's posts and make a comment. Join us next week for our next meme!

6 comments:

Bubba said...

I'm leaving soon, so I'm turning in my work early.

Peggy said...

Bud;

You're a sports man?
George was a pistol, good choice.

Another Suburban Mom said...

I am up. I could not resist George

Anonymous said...

In honor of a man I never liked but always respected. Great (and timely) choice!

noexcuses said...

This was fun! Rest in peace, Mr. Steinbrenner! You will be remembered!

anne said...

This reminded me of our neighbor who died only as young as 16 years old Last sunday. sigh